Re: [Spridgets] half shaft retainer

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] half shaft retainer
From: Jethro <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:56:14 -0500
Wow.  After all of that I feel really stupid having just used my
Phillips screwdriver to do the rear brakes on my car last week!  ;-)

I should have done better homework.  I'll study this page before I
pick up another driver http://www.justbrits.com/pozi/pozidriv.html.

I find it amazingly odd that nobody argued with Derf about the
quantities of screws are in which location.  I don't want to be left
out of the competition so I'll take the task.

Check your manuals or parts catalogs, or I can walk out to the garage
and snap a picture for you.  There are two, apparently Pozidriv,
screws that secure the drum to the axle, and one similar screw holding
the axle to the hub flange.

I guess the DPO (who installed the brakes wrong!) must have used the
correct Pozidriv screwdriver or just got lucky like I must have and
not visibly damaged the screws using my #2 Phillips drive.

Oh, and Marc ... I had the exact same question in my mind of what
holds this all together until I actually pulled the half shafts on my
car to replace leaking seals.