Re: [Spridgets] Help - lots of long LBC

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Help - lots of long LBC
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:21:47 -0600
Let me get this straight in my head.  Crank turns cam via timing
chain(belt?).  Cam turns dizzy drive spindle via gear mesh.  But, cam
and dizzy drive are not specifically timed, unless you index it
somehow and set the relationship.
Can't you pull the dizzy drive spindle with just the dizzy out?  IIRC,
you can insert a long 5/16 fine thread(LBC, of course fine thread)
bolt into the spindle, which is threaded and pull that spindle out
through the dizzy hole.  Or, am I relating some other motor I've
worked on?
Cheers,
Derf