[Spridgets] The MG Valdez may be fixed!

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] The MG Valdez may be fixed!
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 01:25:38 -0500
Went out to the garage late this afternoon and tried to tackle the oil
hemorrhaging on the Midget. Pulled out the PCV valve which runs from
the intake manifold to the carbon canister and took off the oil filler
cap. Both were pretty filthy and, I think plugged with grime.
Moreover, the filler cap had a rubber washer around it which sealed it
to the valve cover. This oil filler cap is one I got from a local
O"Reilly's and it clearly wasn't allowing any pressure out with a
combination of grime in the wire mesh, a plugged breather hole, and
the rubber gasket. I cleaned them both with carb cleaner, removed the
rubber gasket and put them back. Then a half hour drive with the
Midget. No oil puddles underneath and no change in the dip stick oil
level. I need a longer drive to be certain, but hopefully I have cured
the leak problem. What I have now, however is an oil filler cap that
makes a horrible rattling sound as it loosely vibrates in the oil
filler on the valve cover. If I touch it, it stops rattling.  Will
have to figure that out next!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City