Re: [Spridgets] Rollbar and Spridget Safety

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rollbar and Spridget Safety
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:47:08 -0500
With all this talk about roll bars, and Spridget safety, I wanted to
share a story I heard about this evening. My friend with the Drag
Sprite was running on Test and Tune night, on an 1/8 mile track. He
was fine tuning the NOS shot, and on his run, the rear got away from
him. At the midway point, at about 100 mph, the car went off the
track, just slightly, when he went to compensate, the car ended upside
down, on the cage, spinning like a top, sliding down the track. It
didn't stop until it passed the 1/4 mile mark. Oddly enough, after he
got out, flipped the car back over, towed it to the trailer, and went
for his time sheet, he had ran a 6.55. This was faster than other guys
that stayed on all four wheels.
I have photos of the car and timeslips. If anyone has a place to post
them, let me know. Otherwise, I'll get 'em up on the myspace page.

Brad

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad