Re: [Spridgets] The Paul A Fund ... A lirttle update & clarification

To: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The Paul A Fund ... A lirttle update & clarification
From: "Peter Shull" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:59:53 -0700
Although I do not have access to all the details, it looks as if Paul will
be receiving a fair amount of assistance (from the pharmaceutical
companies?) with the cost of two of the chemotherapy agents he is, or will
be, taking.

This is very good news in that these drugs are hugely expensive (think
thousands of dollars) and the burden of having to make the co-pay for them
out-of-pocket would have been crushing.

Those donations that have been coming in are still important in that they
will help defray other expenses already incurred and those that will be
associated with the next round of treatment.

As I understand it, this next round will likely involve bone marrow
transplants or procedures with stem cells or other things that cannot be
cheap.

Thanks so very much,

Pete