Re: [Spridgets] correct Fuel pump?

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "'Spridget List'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] correct Fuel pump?
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:46:44 -0400
David,
If you choose to be insulted, that is your choice.  That was never my
intention.  Sounds to me like you're being a bit over-sensitive, but,
like I said.....
My recommendation had little to do with originality, but everything to
do with what I've found to be the most reliable & practical way to
deliver fuel to the engine.  It's worked flawlessly, for me, for the
past 43 years and approximately 500,000 miles (no, not in the same
car.....I spread it out over three of them).
My experiences have taught me that the overwhelming majority of
problems, experienced by Brit car owners, are caused by ignorance,
incompetence and misuse.  As one of my good friends (a BMC dealer
mechanic) once said: "These cars are TORTURED.  It's amazing that they
hold up as well as they do."
There is not a one of us (myself included) who has not been guilty, at
one time or another, of committing one or more of the above listed sins.
I just have a real problem with the never-ending practice of blaming
Lucas, or SU, or MG/Austin-Healey for our own screw-ups.
Re: your last paragraph.  The idea was not to insult, but to jolt some
folks awake, and maybe get them to do some rational, analytical
thinking, before taking the easy way out and blaming the car.  Somehow,
I think the List will forgive me for that.
Bud Osbourne