Re: [Spridgets] FW: advice/recommendations needed for new top

To: "'derf'" <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] FW: advice/recommendations needed for new top
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:00:30 -0400
Thanks, Derf.  Whatever I buy, I'm going to have it professionally
installed.  I figure I'll spend $250-$350 on the top; I want it to be
right, and with no screw-ups (the top that came on the car, 26 years
ago, appears to have been an amateur installation).  Since my comfort
zones are fitting & welding, and mechanical work, I'll continue to stick
with what I do best.  We have a guy, in Indiana, PA (about 2 hrs drive,
for me), who does beautiful work and at a very reasonable price (like
$75).  I've watched him install a few tops, during his annual
demonstration, at The Roadster Factory Summer Party, and he REALLY knows
his stuff.  Gets it done in under an hour, as I recall, including
pausing to answer questions from the audience.
Bud Osbourne