Re: [Spridgets] Got a picture??

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Got a picture??
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 08:20:48 -0500
Jim,
         Don't need a picture. The two wires, 1 condenser, 1 LT, must
be together, and touching ONLY the spring of the points. DO NOT allow
them to touch the post. The points are a switch to ground, where in
the stationary point is ground, so the movable one must be "hot". The
usual error is to attach the wires to the post thereby grounding
them. There have been several interchangeable iterations of points
over the years that accomplish the insulation from ground different
ways, be it plastic post, plastic insulator, but if you keep the
principle as above, you'll have no troubles.... or as Paul A says
"They only go in one way."

         Peter C.
(Oh, and by the way, 1275 would have either a 25D or a 23D. 45D is an
MGB distributor (among others), and works just fine.)

=