Re: [Spridgets] LotO Autocross / Judson and 5 speed questions

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] LotO Autocross / Judson and 5 speed questions
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:54:51 -0500
Just for my input...

the Judson is only going to help at the high rev ranges and according
to the last info I read it gives a 30% bump in HP at max revs of 5500
(IIRC) but doesn't really help in the torque department.

I can see the 5 speed synchro being a boost but that would only
depend on the course, not often would I be shifting into 1st.

There are serious Autoxers and then there are the duffs like me (Last
autox was in 2005, came in 2nd in class, and I was the only one in my
class.)  A bigger difference would be stock, tall skinny tires (like
for concours) or anything else.

What see ye all?

Lester

.. just not wanting to have to put the carbs back on..  ;-)