Re: [Spridgets] Engine pull

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Engine pull
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:15:19 -0500
> 3/8th drive works for me and always has. Thought it was what we were
> supose
> to use. shrug.

3/8th works if nothing is stuck. When you have one that does not want to
budge, it simply laughs at the 3/8th. I also use Brad's concept. I bought a
cheap 1/2" extension, the shortest one they had, took it over to the grinder
and tapered the end until it was a perfect snug fit in the plug. Pop it onto
the impact wrench and it gets those bad boys right out for me. I generally
use it with a ratchet to put the plugs back in so as not to get them so
tight I need to escalate everything up another notch to get them out next
time.
David Lieb