Re: [Spridgets] Sleeving master/brake cylinders - Stainless

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sleeving master/brake cylinders - Stainless
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:46:15 -0700
OK, my .02 cents...

There are more corrosion issues with Stainless than brass. There are
good articles on the Internet that document the issues. I don't have
the links handy at the moment, but they are out there. I think one
thing that many people do not realize is that once the pores in
stainless become contaminated with a different metal it will rust.

Every British car I have has Joe's brass MC's in them and never had a
problem. Since my cars are not driven that much, corrosion is more of
a concern, but after 10 years, none have had any issues. Also, Joe
backs his units with 10 years on workmanship. On one occasion, there
was a problem with a couple of MKIV clutch MC's I ordered. It was not
a sleeve issue, but none-the-less, Joe made me sent them back and
corrected the problem, all (including shipping) at his expense. I
didn't ask him to do it, he just did it. This was when I was still a
fairly "new" customer. More recently, two of the 3/4" conversions
that I had Cad plated came back stained. Once again, Joe took them
back and had the platers re re-do them. No one today, that I am aware
of, stands behind his work like Joe... and always with pleasure.
Sorry, they just don't "make them like that anymore".

That's just another reason why he gone from a one week turn around to
five. His work AND his way of doing business is unsurpassed.

If you think I am exaggerating or  have some ulterior motive, just
ask anyone else who has has used his services.

Gerard