Re: [Spridgets] We Made It!

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] We Made It!
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
 Bill wrote and I second:

>      The only way i'm doin' it again is if its this side of the
>      ROCKIES... i don't plan to drive over them again. .. in ANY car,
>      let alone one without air conditioning...

That was tough.  I worried about you two until you posted today.  The
only way I made it was to cross the remaining high desert section after
the continental divide at night. An all night 668 mile dash from SLC to
Davis.  Thinking of all the exploded deer you see all day by the side of
80 and the huge truck tire treds you barely missed in the daytime, and
then knowing you are going to have to dash it in the dark or take two
more days. Dozing at the wheel wasn't much of an option.  Sore hands from
a death grip on the wheel, a sore neck from craning foreward as if it
would somehow give you an extra half second to react, definite options.
Never again.

Glen