[Spridgets] Bugeye Lowering Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye Lowering Question
From: Miniac7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:51:41 EDT
I'd like to lower my street/stock Bugeye about an inch. In looking through
the  Moss and Victoria British catalogs, I see front lower kits which  include
spacers that go between the A-arm spring pan and the spring seat, which  looks
like an easy enough concept. My understanding however is that the  1/2"
spaces will only lower the car by that much....1/2".  Since I want to  lower
the
car an inch, I'd like to know if any of you have had luck a  having similar
spacers fabricated? I'm thinking that if I had 1" long spacers  made up by a
machinist, and used longer grade 8 bolts, I get to where I want it  to be. At
this
point in time, I do not want to purchase shorter (lowering)  springs. Any
input?

For the rear suspension, I want to lower that an inch as well. I've talked
to several people in the past few years about having a tapered shim made up
which will get inserted just beneath the 1/4 elliptic spring perch, where it
attaches to the frame.The sketch I have indicates a shim that is 3/8" thick at
the fat end. If anyone is familiar with this method of lowering, please let me
 know what amount of lowering I can expect to achieve out of this thickness
shim.  For a 1" drop, should the shim be any thicker than 3/8" at the fat end?

If there are other manufactured lowering kits out there, please send me in
their direction.

Thanks for any input you can provide on both of these questions.

Howard Collins
Virginia Beach, VA.

deal here.