[Spridgets] Bugeye Lowering Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye Lowering Question
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:48:17 GMT
I bought a set of racing springs for the MKII a bunch of years ago, they don't
lower the rear end, however there are only 3 leaves to them. In order to use
the original length bolts, I fabricated a couple of Titanium spacers that are
~0.55" tall. I realized after making them that I could install them either
above or below the springs and either have a stock ride height or a lowered
one. That being said, the added drop on a MKII with wider wheels and
185/60-13s made the tires scrub the inner fender wells, even with the fender
lips ground off.
Obviously, that is not the case with a bugeye, so this might be applicable. If
you're interested in the pattern, email me off list and I'll see if I can find
one that I can send you in pdf format.

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779
HAN5L8016

Click for free info on online masters degrees and make up to $150K/ year
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/Ioyw6ijmifr1XFuolFn6LCSSdprFqS
04qh9FzvrqmjpRDHqGOHrnDO/