Re: [Spridgets] NLBC: car club legal question

To: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NLBC: car club legal question
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 13:07:14 -0600
On Jan 6, 2009, at 10:58 AM, Deikis, John G wrote:

> You guys know everything, so here's a question for someone who may
> have
> training or past experience in this area.
>

> 1. Do the officers and board of a car club have liability exposure if
> someone takes legal action against the club?

AS current VP and former P of the SAAB CLub of North America we found
it hard to get volunteers if we didn't carry the insurance.

> 2. Does anyone know if "Directors & Officers" insurance is commonly
> taken out by entities as podunk as a local British car club?

We ran for a few years without it but the risk was too great, I mean
car club folk organize car events with people in cars..  that can hit
things..  we are trying to set ours up so that local clubs will be
covered under an umbrella and not have to worry about such things..

> 3. If a newsletter advertiser does not "do right" by a customer, and
> the
> customer learned of the merchant through the club's newsletter, can
> the
> customer name the club as well as the merchant in suit?

Like they all said...

> 4. Anybody know where I can read up on this sort of stuff?

Find an attorney who like LBC's..  he may work for free...

Lester