Re: [Spridgets] Water pump

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Water pump
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 06:54:17 -0600
> ... He doesnt address electric waterpumps, I was
> wondering why... having an electric water pump would reduce drag, thus
> allowing for more power, anyone have any ideas? Also going along with this
> idea, why doesnt he recomend an electric fan?

Matt,
Welcome back. Please bear in mind that Vizard was primarily writing about
Minis. They have a very strange airflow wherein the air comes in through the
front grille and is pushed out the LH wheelwell by the engine fan. Not
easily improved by an electric. Also means that a Mini fan blade is of NO
use to a Spridget because it pushes rather than pulls the air.

Electric water pumps are seldom used by anyone but a racer. Most beneficial
when the car sits at WOT for extended periods. Not nearly so logical when
significant time is spent idling.
David Lieb