Re: [Spridgets] FIAT

To: Jay Fishbein <jfishbein@snet.net>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] FIAT
From: <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:53:00 -0700
I had a 78 1800 and loved it.  The top WAS easy and worked.

It had great balance.

Unfortunatly it did have an annoying weakness.  The sumps are unusually low and
prone to roadrash or worse crushing.  Since the oil pump pick up is so low in
the sump it would break the oil pump mleaving you stranded without oil
pressure.  After three pumps and a braising to fix pinholes I gave up and sold
it.

Shortly after some one came out with a modified sump, shorter pick up and get
this a skid plate.

As a spirited kid I needed the skid plate in Colorado with all the above ground
drainage dips.

Wheeeeee !!!