Re: [Spridgets] Had to share

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Had to share
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:01:00 -0500
> Old motorcyclist's trick.  Carry a little bag of large ball bearings.
Enough
> to fill your hand. Motion the guy to back off.  If he doesn't toss all the
> ball bearings over your shoulder.

I would not care for the legal ramifications of that action myself...

Unfortunately, it does not work well with a stock Bugeye, but I have
found that about the only thing I can do to deter a tailgater is to
rest my left foot on the brake just enough to activate the brake
lights, and JUST LEAVE IT THERE. After a few miles, they seem to
realize that they have no way of knowing what you are going to do and
it starts to make them nervous; especially if you have done some
acceleration and decelleration exercises. If I were to have enough
issues with this in my Bugeye, I  would be tempted to add a toggle
switch that simply turns the brake lights on (with a telltale light to
remind me).

Otherwise, few drivers will tolerate doing 10mph under the posted
limit for very long. Neither will I, for that matter ;-)
David L