Re: [Spridgets] Had to share

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Had to share
From: <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:29:34 +0000
I personally think he did about right in exiting.  ( What do you do if he
follows you off? )  Slowing down is the 'official way' to deal with tailgaters
according to my driver's ed class of (yikes!) 35 years ago.

The spark plugs and/or ball bearings might work for some people, but you could
be starting something that he'll finish.  What're you going to throw at him
when he pulls a pistol?  By his behaviour, I would guess that he's looking for
an opportunity for a confrontation, but I have driven with people who tailgate
and think nothing of it.  Another possibilty is that he has an accident and
you have to live with the results of your actions.

The 911 call sounds good too, though you might get a ticket for using the
phone while driving! :)

Hey while we're on the subject, I wouldn't drive a mobile home for the life of
me.  Almost every one I see being driven has a car following it about 4 feet
behind!!! ;)

RD

<kramer.allen@comcast.net> wrote:

> > I finally had enough and exited the highway. Anyone have any
> > suggestion for dealing with these people?
> >

> > Old motorcyclist's trick. Carry a little bag of large ball bearings.
Enough