Re: [Spridgets] Another barn find... MGA

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another barn find... MGA
From: <corvallis@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 05:30:32 -0700
I had some frozen aluminum pistons in a Mercedes engine years ago. I wanted
to save the pistons. Pulled the head and tried all manner of solvents and
oils. Pounded on them with a wooden block the size of each piston and heated
the pistons from the top. Spent a month on the project. Finally put dry ice
on the top of each piston and got them out. The piston ring lands had turned
to powder given the years; aluminum oxide. ...bill in corvallis