Re: [Spridgets] Tired Starter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tired Starter
From: jjj@acsnet.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:44:47 -0500 (CDT)
> Since I get the Digest with all things condensed I though I would
condence as well with my .02 on several current topics.

 I have found that the most efficient way to find a bad connection is by
touch. Crank the engine and check immediatly or check while someone else
runs the starter. Only down side is occasional toasted fingers but at
least that is tempered by knowing you have found the problem.

 On wire wheel conversions: I have encountered 2 wire wheel axle's that
were loose in the hub. These were on actual wire wheel cars. I don't
think I would do a conversion by pressing the axles out of the hubs. Only
by using the correct axle housing's.

 When fitting a new carbon throwout bearing I would make sure that the
throwout arm centers the bearing on the pressure plate exactly. It cost
me a redo.

 My opinion's, hope there of some use!!

 Kurt.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html