Re: [Spridgets] Another British Engine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another British Engine
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:04:45 -0400
We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Midget, and my daily driver which is the
CTS-V.

My wife drives the Jeep and only does things like haul furniture, groceries,
etc.  BUT we do take it offroad in Utah and Colorado.  We bought it
specifically to take offroad, not because we think it will make us look cool
while driving around.  I do not like it as a daily driver at all, which is why
I have something different as a daily driver.

And I dare say that 98% of the people that own SUV's do not take them any
farther offroad than the average Midget owner takes his Midget.

> As the owner of both an SUV (Jeep Cherokee) and a Midget, I can assure
> you that the Midget will not do well off road in my area. I can take the
> dogs out in the desert for a good run with no danger of them getting hit
> by a car on the road or straying onto private property and getting shot
> by a rancher. Then I can load my jon boat on top, put my fishing and
> camping gear and the boat motor in the back and head for the lake. Thus,
> the sport aspect is covered.
>
> I can drive it out in the field, attaching a cable to the hitch and
> spend the day straightening fence posts and using the Jeep to hold them
> straight while I pour cement in the gaps, then go to the farm store and
> load up a bale of hay, a few bags of feed, and some fence posts. This
> covers the utility aspect.
>
> Later I can drive to work in air conditioned comfort, knowing I can
> easily drive around any trains that are frogging the entrance to the
> yard by accessing frontage roads that come standard with pot holes deep
> enough to bury a locomotive.
>
> For sheer pleasure, I drive the Midget on the twistiest roads I can
> find, taking 30 MPH corners at 70+. That is what a true sports car was
> designed for.
>
> Kate
>
> bjshov8@tx.rr.com wrote:
> > I think the idea is that it is a UTILITY (read "truck") vehicle that
>carries your sports equipment.  I just have an aversion to driving a TRUCK
>every day, but some people don't mind.  Why they think it is cool to drive a
>vehicle that is uncomfortable, inefficient and handles poorly is beyond me.
> >
> > Now if your sport is offroad then some small percentage of them would be
>applicable to that.  OTOH the average Midget would probably do as well offroad
>as 90% of the SUV's sold.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive