Re: [Spridgets] Question on a Panel Repair

To: Paul Herder <george.brokaw@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Question on a Panel Repair
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:27:53 -0500
On 11/10/2010 4:27 PM, Paul Herder wrote:
> Progress is being made on my wife's (;^) 1966 Austin Healey Sprite.
>
> http://members.cox.net/p.herder/Sprite.htm
>
> I do have a question on the bump outs on the firewall where the battery
> goes.  It is the third picture (of three).  Are they there for just the
> battery to rest against or is there something on the inside of the dash that
> protrudes into that space?

They are just to hold the battery off the firewall a little bit.
But the battery still corroded those bumps due to an engineering flaw
when the car was designed. The original battery terminals were too close
to the firewall thus corroding those bumps.
Get a battery with the terminals OUTSIDE from the firewall so this
doesn't happen again.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ