Re: [Spridgets] Zero Feedback on an eBay Seller

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Zero Feedback on an eBay Seller
From: Jay <jfishbein@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:06:09 -0800 (PST)
ebay/PayPal IMO, do favor the buyer and the buyer protection is quite strong.

My point was that this seller has no track record. He could be new to ebay or
he
could be a seller that has chosen not to use his regular account.

Speaking for myself, I would prefer to avoid any sort of hassle with a seller
rather than resort to the ebay/PayPal resolution system.

The changes that ebay instituted make it a trusted source for buyers but leave
it open to buyer abuse to well-meaning sellers. I've not had a problem as a
seller, but when I do list items for sale, I do so with the realization that a
buyer could make a false claim. I am also skeptical to sell outside of the
country anymore.

I was once left negative feedback by a buyer who claimed I never shipped his
item. He made numerous excuses why he couldn't process payment through PayPal,
(needed to wait until some of his own auctions closed) and then said he was
sending a money order, and ten said he mailed payment. (What really happened
was
that he subsequently bid-on and won another auction for the identical item for
less money.) I was successful in getting ebay to remove his negative feedback.

I still say that the best way to judge a seller is to contact them and get a
feel for their attitude and demeanor. Some include a phone number which is
great
because you can actually speak to them.

In the end, it's no different than buying something anywhere else. If you're
not
lulled into complacency because it is on the internet, you will be okay.
 jay

________________________________
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>

Jay,

Also, my take on eBay's protection or the supposed "Paypal protection" is that
it is all talk and in the end, it is nothing but a hassle and worthless.

Am I missing something here?  Correct me if I have missed something regarding?

Kirk
59 1275

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75