Re: [Spridgets] License Plate plinth orientation

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] License Plate plinth orientation
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:07:02 -0500
Sounds like a BS law.  Sounds like the state legislature and certainly the
various police forces have lots better to do than to look for clear license
plate covers.  (Of course that makes sense coming from California.)

In our state we had a new law that you couldn't cover up any significant part
of the license plate.  As the story goes one of the state legislators was in a
courtroom when a trial came in for one of these offenses.  The testifying
police office said that part of the "J" (or whatever letter it was) was
obscured.  The judge asked "well if part of it was obscured then how did you
know it was a "J" ?"  I think of the newspapers that was reporting on this
walked through the restricted parking lot at the state capitol where the
legislators parked and counted about 50% of the cars that had illegal license
plate covers.  The law was soon changed.

> Didja know that in California, the police consider a clear plastic cover over
>a license plate as obscuring the license plate?

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums