Re: [Spridgets] License Plate plinth orientation

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] License Plate plinth orientation
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:26:57 +0000
Well, I can tell you what they think in Ottawa.  I bought a car from the other
side of the river where only a rear plate is used and so the bracket was not
there.  I had the front plate sitting on the dash and a polite officer told me
that he'd seen my car before and the next time he saw it, the plate had better
be installed properly or there would be a fine.  I didn't call his bluff.

Robert Duquette

Ottawa ON Canada

1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )

1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )

1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen
)http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg

> Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 05:39:22 +0000
> From: kgb@frontiernet.net
> To: pfeilmat@me.com
> CC: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] License Plate plinth orientation
>
> Hmmmm. Wonder what they think of no front plate at all? I do happen to carry
a copy of the NV law that states one is not required if there is no place to
install one.

> Kate

over a license plate as obscuring the license plate?

> Yup
>
> Got pulled over for it. When asked why I had it, it told him that it kept
the kids from messing with my reg stickers. He said too bad, you can't obscure
the plate. I mentioned that they were not obscured and could be clearly seen.
(I have had these installed since I bought the vehicle in 2006 this was now
2009)

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/pfeilmat@me.com
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/kgb@frontiernet.net