Re: [Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:49:44 -0600
The law in Tennessee is clear; you can only shoot until you stop the threat
so bigger is better.  We have open or concealed carry with a permit.  The
problem with open carry is that public assumes you are a cop or a crook.

We recently had a permit holder open carry a legal AR15 pistol in a public
park, he scared the crap out of the folks in the park and they called the
police.  The guy was detained for three hours and later had his permit
revoked.  Technically he was legal, but he was still stupid.  Now he is
suing the state and the city for violating his rights.  The liberal media
has had a field day with it and it makes all permit holders look bad.

We now can carry loaded long guns in vehicles as long as a shell is not
chambered, it has brought back a resurgence in shot gun racks in our
pick-ups.  There is a Bill being considered now to stop Mayor Bloomberg from
sending his "goons" to our gun shows.....Our new Governor joined the NRA and
his poll numbers went up!  The fact that he as Mayor of Knoxville was on
Bloomberg's team has not been forgotten though.

Mark
Nashville

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75