Re: [Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:23:33 -0600
> I've been told by police officers that criminals want to get real close to
> you, then pull out a weapon and assault you when you are too close to
defend
> yourself.  It is harder for them to do anything to you if you are 30 feet
> away, and watching them, and with one hand in your pocket.

Yeah, I work for a Village on the NW edge of Chicago. One of our
police personnel used to drop off the money bag at the bank every
morning. not a "real" officer, so he was not allowed to carry.
Apparently some guys scoped out the bank for a while, noticed who
brought money bags in on a regular basis, and walked up to his squad
at a stop sign a couple blocks from the bank one morning to "ask
directions". When he foolishly rolled down the window to be helpful,
they stabbed him in the shoulder, shoved a gun in his face and took
the bank bag. I think they got about 5G. Oh wow. He might never come
back to work. Would he have been better off if he had carried? I doubt
it. Situational awareness would have helped as well as a more
suspicious nature. Yes, we went back to an armored car service. You
should see all the special laws protecting THOSE guys. Don't even
think of bumping one of those armored cars in traffic!
David L

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive