[Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm

Subject: [Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:51:01 -0800
Well there you go, can't even take a cat down with a 9mm!  No wonder it is
the NATO round!  (Replacing the 45 as I recall).   I would not want to be on
the wrong side of one though.  I remember being in the forest shooting with
my sons when they were young and my 9mm Glock put a hole through a fallen
tree branch which was fairly thick.  . somewhat bigger than my lower leg,
calf area.  (Dead wood though at that).

I wonder what the open carry laws are like around the rest of the country?
It is legal to open carry in California as long as your gun is not loaded,
and your loaded clip is on the other side of your belt.

To tell the truth, I was not aware that this law was in effect in California
until a few years ago.  I have never personally seen anyone actually walking
around with a gun on the side of their belt.  The police have the right to
examine your fire arm to ensure that the chamber is empty and no rounds in
the clip.

No permit needed either.  Just strap your side arm on, make sure that it is
unloaded, but keep your loaded clip on the other side of your belt (per
which you could load up very quickly if need be) and walk around like
everything is normal.   Not something I plan to do.

Kirk