Re: [Spridgets] brake problems

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] brake problems
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@me.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:05:08 -0700
Steve,

Have the drums been turned? - that is are they round.  Second have the shoes
been arced to match the drums?  When these steps are done a set of shoes and a
drum are then a matched pair - that is unless they are all the same diameter.
If neither or only one of these have been done you may be "dragging" the ends
of the shoes on the drums making it impossible to do a proper adjustment.  Just
a thought.

Bob Kitterer and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage