Re: [Spridgets] Thinking about buying another car

To: andrewpayne@intrex.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thinking about buying another car
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:11:21 -0500
Miata.
I have two.
I've seen NBs (1999-2005) lately go for $5000 or less.  Hardtops can
be had for around $600-1000 that give the car more versatility for
cold and bad weather driving.  They are proven and, regardless of what
others say, they are inspiring.
If you genetically engineered an MGB with some Japanese reliability
genes they you would have a Miata.  Horsepower is not stupendous but
more than adequate, especially relative to an anemic Spridget.  Base
HP in even the early 1990 Miata is like 120.
My 94 has 155,000+ miles and is still going strong.
My 96 is a V8 swap project but has 273,000+ miles on it.
Miata motors have stout internals.  You can bolt on a turbo, add
engine management, and drive it like you stole it.  You don't have to
strengthen the motor internals for forced induction.

People who find Miatas uninspiring or lacking are just upset because
they don't have to work on them very often.  They made a million of
them so used parts are not hard to find.  Aftermarket support is good.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums