[Spridgets] lets talk 1275's AND off-topic

Subject: [Spridgets] lets talk 1275's AND off-topic
From: lists at dinospider.com (Mike Rambour)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:44:33 -0700
  Both these replies are exactly what I was worried about.  I assumed
the car would move just fine since it moved up to a top speed of 90mph
with the original motors and braver men then me in the old days.  But HP
also needs torque.  I don't know if they knew what torque was in 1934
:)    I do have the BHP at various RPM for the Singer motor, so if I
could find that for the Sprite I should be able to compare.

   I did also think I could swap the rear axle with a Spridget rear axle
since I do happen to have one but that is a LOT more work and would
prefer to avoid it.

  This could get this car on the road in no time at all, just a quickie
rebuild of a 1275 (already runs but poorly and smokes bad) and some
metal fabricating for brackets, etc.  and then I could work on the
original motor at my leisure and when I have the money, yes I am afraid
that day would never come but my wife says it will.

     mike