Re: [Spridgets] Blanking sleeve and blocked bypass again...

To: 'Spridgets' <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Dean Hedin <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Blanking sleeve and blocked bypass again...
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:30:58 -0700 (PDT)
Well, let me know what happens.  You have my curiosity up.  The thermostats
with the blocking sleeve are quite expensive and you are limited in the temp
range.  I did run with a blanking sleeve at one time, but I did not block off
the bypass.  I don't remember having good results with that, but I did not
know much about the cooling system back then.  Besides, it was something I
tried on the original 948 I had in the Bugeye at the time because it was
overheating.  The 1275 I have in there now runs at a perfect temp all the
time.  Gerard built the short block for me and did an exceptional job.  His
work is impeccable.
Mike MacLean