Re: [Spridgets] John Diekis Chocks away

To: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] John Diekis Chocks away
From: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 18:33:57 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Talked to John about an hour ago.  They were in Deadwood, SD and motoring
westward.  I gave him a hard time about the trailer queen motorcycle trip.  He
excuse was knobby tires are no good on the freeway.  :-)

Then I asked him about the trailer with 8 inch tires.  He tells me they had to
stop and add tongue weight because the trailer was tail heavy.  He said it was
so bad they couldn't go over 45 mph or the trailer would start wagging the
car.  They found a crankshaft from a '38 Buick straight eight engine and
bolted it to the tongue of the trailer. Problem solved!  LOL - typical John.
:-)

Sent from my keyboard

> On Jul 3, 2014, at 6:12 PM, Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com> wrote:
>
> John floated through here Tuesday night enroute to Alaska with 2 KL(R?)650s
on an undersized bike trailer with 8 inch wheels!

> Pray for him and his cousin as the make their way to Calgary to drop off the
trailer and continue on 2 wheels.

> If anyone's in Calgary, buy him a new trailer for his return trip.
>
> They were planning on being at Mt. Rushmore for the 4th.  (Personally I
prefer my dead presidents on paper in my wallet)

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.net

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive