Re: [Spridgets] No Castrol DOT 3 available : (

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No Castrol DOT 3 available : (
From: derf via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 15:11:06 -0500
Cc: Spridget list <Spridgets@autox.team.net>

--0000000000006f50da058c034ceb

DOT 4 can be used in place of and can mix with DOT 3.

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 3:05 PM Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Hi Spridgiteers,
> I want to bleed my brakes but the stores or Amazon nolonger carries
> Castrol GT LMA DOT3 brake fluid. I thought I had a few bottles left but I
> was wrong and have her on stands patiently waiting for her fluid. Yesterday
> I took her out for the first time and needed a little more fluid before
> heading out. I only drove 8 blocks and while sitting at a light the peddle
> went to the floor. I quickly pumped the brake and it was fine to get home.
> I put her on stands in the driveway getting ready to bleed as I suspected
> an air bubble but no store carries Castrol GT LMA Dot 3 any more.
> Suggestions please. One of the members on a Facebook Spridget group said to
> flush and add Castrol DOT4 which is synthetic, he said I wouldn't need to
> replace the wheel cylinders or the master cylinder I I did that but I am by
> myself and use a stick to hold the peddle using a tube into fluid to
> prevent air, I have a one handed blender but I couldn't get it to work
> properly. Maybe I should look at a youtube.
>
> What would Frank say?
> Linda
> 62 California Sprite "Pinky"
>

> --
> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/derf247@gmail.com

--0000000000006f50da058c034ceb

ss=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 3:05 PM Linda Grunthaner via Spri=
dgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.=
in:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1e=
x"><div dir=3D"ltr">Hi Spridgiteers,<div>I want to bleed my brakes but the =
stores or Amazon nolonger carries Castrol GT LMA DOT3 brake fluid. I though=
t I had a few bottles left but I was wrong and have her on stands patiently=
 waiting for her fluid. Yesterday I took her out for the first time and nee=
ded a little more fluid before heading out. I only drove 8 blocks and while=
 sitting at a light the peddle went to the floor. I quickly pumped the brak=
e and it was fine to get home. I put her on stands in the driveway getting =
ready to bleed as I suspected an air bubble but no store carries Castrol GT=
 LMA Dot 3 any more. Suggestions please. One of the members on a Facebook S=
pridget group said to flush and add Castrol DOT4 which is synthetic, he sai=
d I wouldn&#39;t need to replace the wheel cylinders or the master cylinder=
 I I did that but I am by myself and use a stick to hold the peddle using a=
 tube into fluid to prevent air, I have a one handed blender but I couldn&#=
39;t get it to work properly. Maybe I should look at a youtube.</div><div><=
nature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&quot;Pay if forwa=
iv></div>
------------------------<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"norefer=