Blackhawk Farms

To: team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Blackhawk Farms
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 15:46:44 -0500
Gary -

Per your request, and stealing themes liberally from WST's proposed
note, I've sent the following letter to worthies Susan McDonald, Tom
Owens and Kristine Cohn regarding the Blackhawk Farms zoning matter.

I could get no further information from VSCDA about the nature of the
problem and was unable to raise Ray Irwin on the phone, so I don't know
if there are other townies or public officials who should be notified of
our concern . . . if there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

BTW, I spent considerable time in selecting just the right postage
stamps for these missives - I passed up the James Dean Commemoratives in
favor of "Remember the Maine" and "Don't Tread On Me". Hope they notice.

Jim Hill
SpyderWeb Racing
Madison WI
=========================

I'm writing to you in the hopes that you can be of help in preserving
the wonderful facility you have at Blackhawk Farms Raceway near South
Beloit. As I'm sure you are aware, Ray Irwin of Blackhawk Farms is faced
with some difficulties with potential zoning and land use restrictions.
I'm sure that there must be a way to accommodate the interests of all
parties without destroying the essence of this valuable business.

I've been coming to Blackhawk Farms Raceway since the late 60's -
sometimes as a race worker, sometimes as a spectator, and sometimes as a
race driver. At the moment, I'm completing the restoration of a car for
vintage racing competition at Blackhawk Farms and Road America. So far
this year, I've attended three events at Blackhawk Farms and hope to
continue visiting your community for many years to come.

I'm sure that you understand the widespread following enjoyed by the
vintage and sports car racing fraternity, and our whole-hearted support
of Ray Irwin and his efforts to keep Blackhawk Farms Raceway as one of
the finest race tracks in the Middle West. Hopefully, this local
business will not be lost due to onerous zoning restrictions.

Blackhawk Farms is known around the country as a first class facility
that attracts a sizeable crowd of folks to its events - all of whom are
customers for local businesses. We patronize local motels, restaurants,
gas stations, auto parts and services businesses and many others during
our stays in your area. The Raceway is a valuable asset for the
community that should be given all the support it needs to continue to
grow and prosper.

Thanking you for your interest in this matter, I remain . . . yada,
yada, &etc