ModSports Healey 3000

To: team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ModSports Healey 3000
From: Cameron Sell <c.sell@uws.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 14:53:56
Dear Sir,

My name is Cameron Sell, and I currently race a 1959 3000 Mk 1 in New South
Wales, Australia.  I enjoyed your pictures on the internet, and was
wondering whether you might be able to answer a few questions for me.

The car currently runs in the New South Wales Marque Sportscar
Championship, and is very competitive.  The rules / regulations for the
championship are similar to those of the 'Modsports' phase in England
during the early seventies.

The motor was built in Melbourne, Australia using a variety of parts from
Dennis Welch in England.  The car runs four wheel ventilated discs, and has
a four speed Holinger gearbox with Healey overdrive.  Under the current
regulations, cars over three litres can run wheel / tyre combinations up to
12" in width.  I am using 10" rims with 11" Avon slicks.  The guards are
fibreglass to cover the rims (I still have the originals - though they
wouldn't fit!), and I have fitted a fibreglass boot and bonnet.

I realise that these modifications are not to everyone's liking - however
this is the direction that I have chosen to go and I am very satisified
with the  amount of success that I am having with the car.

What I was wondering was whether you new of anybody in the US who is
running a Big Healey with similar modifications.  Please email me at
c.sell@uws.edu.au.

Regards,

Cameron Sell
New South Wales,