Re: Team Thicko Green lake directions

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Team Thicko Green lake directions
From: Bill Dalton <billd13@essex1.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 19:17:14 -0500
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

> Alright, y'all,
>
> Lots of folks saying they might make it, some confirmations,  etc.
>
> I need to know who's coming, when, and if you're staying overnight?
>
> The schedule is Friday afternoon/evening arrival. Depending on what time
> folks can get in, we may go out for a late dinner.
>
> Saturday, provided weather's good, a day on the lake. Green Lake is
> about as good as it gets. We've got a boat, Elmo (unless he pulls
> another Mosport style dissappearing act) has a boat. If you want, you
> can rent your own from the Green Lake marina. Saturday night, we'll have
> a barbecue dinner  at the homestead. Maybe got out for drinks down the
> road.
>
> Sunday AM, I'll be fixing homemade Swedish pancakes for those that spent
> the night. We'll get the place in order, then head over to Road America
> to watch Sunday's races.
>
> >From the south, take 94 to 894 to 41 north all the way to Fon Du Lac.
> Exit west on Rt. 23. Go through the town of Ripon, all the way to Rt.
> 73. Left (south on 73) to County K, left (east) past the County Park to
> Oakwood Beach Rd. left (north) down the hill toward the lake. The road
> will curve to the right. Take the second right (or the first... it's a
> circle) to the 3rd house on the left.
>
> >From the track, just find your way to Rt. 23 in Plymouth, and follow the
> above directions. It's about an hour from RA. 2  1/2 hours from the
> IL/WI Cheddar Curtain.
>
> My cell phone number is (847) 436-0501.
>
> We'll take donations or booze if you want to help out.
>
> I need to know via e-mail RSVP if your coming, how many,  when, and if
> you'll be spending the night Saturday???
>
> If you plan to spend the night, bring a bath towel, sheets, blanket &
> pillow... and don't forget your toothbrush.
>
> Any questions? You can call me at my home office (847) 356-9514.
>
> Hasta.
>
> Flounder
Yo Flounder!

Will not be able to attend the Thicko outing on Sat evening. However,
Team Thicko will be represented at the street car Concour at Siebkens by
your Chief of Tech's 70 Boss 302, with the team logo prominently
displayed in the right rear quarter window. Will look for all you guys
to stop by the Black Flag Station to say hello. Hopefully not at the
drive up window but at the back door! Will be arriving at RA on
Wednesday AM. Stop by and say hello when you can.

Otherwise see you at Grattan with ax in hand.

WST did you get the list I sent you????? Inquiring minds want to know.

New and additional duties last weekend at Gingerman-- got to drive the
pace car in touring and for the last two races. THE pacecar you will see
at Grattan and the West Michigan GP. 99 supercharged 4.6 liter Saleen
Allen Mustang convertible. Some serious braking capability here with 4,
count 'em 4 13" discs, along with acceleration that may have actually
been faster than 70 Boss. It was a real blast!

By the way went to BFR today as crew for English cars that didn't have
any leaks and saw a European AWD Escort running 1:15's with the GT1
cars. Incredible car AWD turbocharged European Escort GT staying with
and challenging 358 cube Chevy Camaro's. Oh! there's the problem---it
was Ford vs Chevrolet again. The Camaro won but then again it was
another ex Ray Irwin carwith 358 cubes vs 97 cubes! See you this coming
weekend.

Bill D.