Yes, But....

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Yes, But....
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:02:07 +0100
Track day on Saturday in the MG Midget -

All wire wheels failed scruitineering but found a new set locally,
tyre depot just closing but they took pity,
rained and rained and rained which drove the others off so I got more track
time in the afternoon than I'd have got in a complete dry day.
Spun but got away with it.
A cough from low fuel at the start of a session but just about survived on
the vapour.

I had a whale of a time and got down to a respectable lap time.  Many were
surprised at how they couldn't catch it and others a little worried for my
health!!

First time on the track in that car and I loved its ballance and its light
and direct steering.

Its earnt some time for more power, compliance out of the suspension,
dampers that work.

David