RE: too quiet

To: rccook16@voyager.net
Subject: RE: too quiet
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:45:18 -0600

On 12/30/99 Rick Cook wrote:
>It won't stop the real cheating dogs
>from staying ahead of you.

I was killing some time this past weekend playing Gran Turismo 2
on a Playstation. I chose to run a '64 Lotus Elan in the Historic Cup
races (pretending to be Lou "The Bullet" Rohan).

All race car entries were restricted to a specific maximum hp limit.
All other cars on track - except for one - appeared to be within the
hp restriction based upon their performance.  After the first turn,
though, I knew there was a Cheatin Dog in our midst. The culprit
was a '67 Ford GT-40 which blasted by and handily won the race.

Later I checked the in-game spec sheet for the race winning car
and found out the son-of-a-bitch was pushing 305hp out of a small
block V-8 and was well outside the hp limit for that race. Needless
to say there was some grumbling about the game developer and
why certain cars were assigned to be in certain groups...

They thought of everything in that game  ;-)