Re: Report on the Deeetroit Auto Show...

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Report on the Deeetroit Auto Show...
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:20:17 -0500 (EST)
>Last Monday I went with some of my Redneck friends to the auto show. It
>really is 4 wheel overload. I have some random observations:
>
>A) While most of the women doing the turntables were young loong legged
>blonds there were a couple of manufacturers who had well preserved loong
>legged 40+ women......no doubt a concession to the aging population like
>yours truly.
>
>B) The car that won my heart and would be on my "must have list when I win
>the lottery" is the Chrysler 300 M convertible. It is beautiful.
>
>C) As a part of the Honda display they had a racer car on a trailer behind a
>sport ute. The race car was neat. It is a spec class they race in Japan
>called the Honda Side by Side. It is there answer to Formula Vee. The driver
>sits beside the engine which is a Honda 750 twin that has a chain drive to
>the differential. It has a 6 speed sequential shift transmission. The
>suspension is very state of the art. It looks like it would be a ball to
>drive.
>
>D) Jaguar had a very slick prototype that was very smooth and not much
>bigger than a Miata.

I was also there Monday.  I can't believe you didn't say hello.  :-)   I
notice that you didn't mention the GM display.  They really outdid
themselves this year, it was even more pathetic than ever.  The only
remotely interesting cars they had were a V8 Holden truck (like an old
ElCamino) and a Vauxhall coupe, neither of which will be seen in this
country.  Don't even get me started on the concept cars that were there.  I
thought I was in 5th grade study hall again.  As for my personal favorite,
it has to be the BMW Z8, or maybe the new DB7, no, make that the Ferrari
360 racer.  Heck, I can't decide.  Oh, on the way there, one of my
eagle-eyed friends spotted a Mercedes Benz A class with manufacturer
plates, so we stopped and looked at it for a while.  Pretty neat little
vehicle.  How they were able to stuff everything into such a small package,
I'll never know.   Mercedes also had the best women of the show, except
possibly the  young woman I spotted in the crowd who wasn't wearing any
underwear.  Unfortunately, by that time, I was out of film.  Sorry, Irv.
In any case, I'll go back again next year.

Calvin K.