Crank & axle ID help

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crank & axle ID help
From: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:09:45 -0400
Peter
 while this is not the answer you are looking for let me make a humble
partially educated suggestion.
there is no substitute for the new "competition" (two piece) axles. i have bent
some of the "good" stock ones. They simply were not designed to handle the
torque, and incidental reverse torque transmitted through them during racing
(oh crap i just spun)conditions at anything over say 75-80 h.p.
you use stock, you will break stock.
The first time you have to extract a broken locked in stub from the diff. when
you cant get the diff. out of the rear end housing because it broke in the
wrong place, you might be wishing you paid the extra money also.

As far as the crank goes i have polished, balanced, nitrided my stock one (cant
remember the numbers) and it still is holding after a couple of seasons (where
did i put that wood?).
the dave vizard books have the #s.

Robert (were not in ) Kansa(s)
Southwind Racing/RCCSA