Thank you Thicko's!

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank you Thicko's!
From: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:31:16 -0400
We just wanted to extend a thanks to all you who were around this weekend at
grattan. besides the obvious hub failure, we had a great time. We will come
back to grattan for sure. Now for the obvious. Our first impression is that
Tinkerbell is in relatively good shape. My back is a little sore. We will do a
dye check on the rear housing tubes/check the straightness of the axle and jig
up the housing/replace the backplate and its bolts/ and make up a new fuel
tank.Gary (still grenade?) sorry if you had to clean out your suit but I am
thankful I didn't collect anyone as I broke, especially myself. as a sidenote I
was told the wheel flew a good 300 yards and hit the top of the spectator fence
with enough oomph to bend a fence pole. needless to say we are going to pitch
out the other side hub. We are going to try and make up a set from what Gary
will send us. Question: what studs are people using and from where?
Meanwhile we are going to check the front hubs too, since Elmo broke his. the
fracture from ours perpetrated from the stretching action the studs imposed,
through the flange and into where the flange meets the bearing body of the hub.
OR...MAYBE it a thicko curse? is there a witch doctor in the house?
        Thanks/Booby Jo, Booty Jo, Jon, Elmo, Flounder, Grenade, Doc D, Black
Bart, John,Jewler, Scoutmaster Etc. Great weekend, the food was awesome,
        the friendship great.
        Elmo I owe you a stock hub, pictures and a thermostat, we will probably
come to at least party sat /sun at Indianapolis. The RCCSA girls had a really
great time and want to go back.
        Southwind Racing
        Robert (were not in ) Kansa(s)
        Grenade: when you get a chance, send to 2357 Copley rd. Akron Ohio
44320,
        bill me for shipping, we want to try the pre heat treated
stuff.bearings will be on there way when we get your address.

        last note: ever since I've started racing, at the 3 min. whistle, even
though I'm definitely one of the unwashed and a deviant, I still give a little
note of thanks to above and prayer for safety, it cant hurt.