here we go again

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: here we go again
From: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:50:28 -0400
So there we were..
having a great first run at mid Ohio..BOOM...
cause was most probably just stupidity, and an engine that was running
fatally lean-caused detonation, caused meltdown on the front edge of #4
cylinder. the strange thing was #3 looked great, as did the others. #4 must
of had a weak-hot spot that couldnt take the lean-cold of the morning.
rats..
so here we are..with a badly melted new venolia, licking our wounds.
the block is scarred rather badly. so its time to move on. i am tired of the
140$+ turbo head gaskets, so the heck with that. we have several 1275's
laying around, and its time to make something work.
it will be a winter of discontent.
Hope everyone else faired better than us.
Bob/Mary/lena