Fuel Cell Venting

To: "Team Thicko" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Cell Venting
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:04:03 -0600
Gentlemen -

I bought Matt Primack's Bugeye, and am looking forward to VSCDA racing. I have
a question regarding fuel cell venting. I just want to make sure I don't have
a problem at tech inspection.

The rule states 'The cell shall be vented to the atmosphere,through a check
valve, to provide leakage protection... The vent shall exit the vehicle
outside the driver's compartment and outside the fuel compartment'.

Right now the vent is inside the fuel compartment. It has a check valve that
lets air in, but doesn't let vapors or liquid out.

My queston is: Where should I exit the vent? Through the back of the driver's
compartment? Through the back of the car? Is it important? What will Tech
Inspection require? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bud Pazur