RE: VSCDA Group 2 yahoo conference

To: "'Jeff Johnk'" <jeff@auhc.net>, <BillDentin@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: VSCDA Group 2 yahoo conference
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:45:51 -0600
Jeff, the $20k reference was for humorous purposes, not stated as a matter
of fact. (In fact, if you've only got $5,700 into it, you might get off
cheaper than 1275 guys forced to build 948s to stay in Group 2 ;) )

I singled you out not because of you being the "worst offender", but for a
number of other reasons. I know you have some legitimate concerns. You've
always been upfront about the mods to your car. You've also stated on
numerous occasions that you've got lots of $ in your car as it stands, and
are attempting to comply. You've also asked for some clarifications. I'm
hoping that the con call can begin (and BEGIN is the definitive word here)
to all get on the same page, air our concerns, offer suggestions, and, yes,
even bitch about all of it.

As far as I know, if you read the rule, as it exists, you're allowed up to a
5 yr update, which would then permit a 3000 block in a 100-6. So, I'm not
sure "ruling" is necessary..as it is already allowed by the rules. As far as
using an aftermarket, recently built aluminum block, I'm not sure that will
fly. How many factory alloy blocks were made. 7? For race or rallye? Ever
available to the public? (Just playing devil's advocate here.). Having the
additional weight to offset the lightness of the alloy block would have to
be considered a performance advantage, as you've taken a huge lump off the
front end, and placed the weight to a handling advantage.

Also, I want it clear that as the Group 2 rep, I bring all concerns, ideas,
complaints, etc. to those that make the decisions. I am not a VSCDA officer,
or a board member. I do not get a vote in this. Anytime my own personal
opinions are voiced, they're stated as such.

So, your situation, as well as many others, deserves a conversation. That's
what I hope to have with these series of con calls.

WST

  _____