Convertible top part

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Convertible top part
From: Michael McBeth <mmcbeth@compusmart.ab.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 13:12:31 -0600
I am hoping someone on the list can help me with locating a rather
obscure part for my '65 Tiger. What I need is referred to in the manual
as a 'tension rod' for the convertible top (also the 'locking collar and
spigot' part of the assembly would be nice altough my old ones may still
be around). This chrome assembly is the little rod you plug into the
front of the soft top to pull it toward the windshield. My driver side
one broke when attepting to put up a brand new top which was installed a
little too tight. I now have a brand new seven year old top which has
never been up. It is mid July now and I assume that Summer is just
around the corner here in Edmonton. I understand Summer was four days in
the first week in August last year and I wouldn't want to miss it. Can
anyone spare one off of a parts car, or does anybody make a repro?

Thank you for your help
Michael McBeth