Sorry, Martha

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sorry, Martha
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 97 10:54:56 -0600
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text

     I bought my rugs from that one eyed pirate back when he was still in
     business.  Over the years, even with the minimal exposure to sunlight
     they have had, exposed portions of my black rugs have faded to brown.
     The rest of my interior is mostly untouched since new, so it will all
     have to be replaced at some point.  The plan is that when the rugs get
     horrible, I'll do it all.  Say, wouldn't light brown look nice with my
     Forest green exterior......

     As I prepared my Tiger for this year's British Car Day, I couldn't
     stand the faded rugs any longer.  Over the winter I had found a spray
     can of Mar-Hyde Fabric Color (TALSOL Corp, Cincinnati) at a local
     automotive discount retailer, so I decided to give it a try.

     With the car outside,I sprayed the faded portions of the rugs, and
     much to my surprise, they blended very nicely into the original
     unfaded black.  It took maybe half the can to restore my rugs, less
     than I expected.  And it didn't come off on my white sneakers the next
     day, either.

     A few cautions:  The numerous solvents in this stuff are either highly
     flammable or highly carcinogenic (or both) so spray with plenty of
     ventilation.  The instructions say the stuff is NOT for changing
     fabric colors, it's just for restoring the original color.  Black is
     black, so the match was good.  It comes in other colors, so proceed
     with caution.

     So it looks like I'll be able to keep my rugs looking half decent for
     a few more years, and Martha Wheat won't be seeing any four digit
     checks for my tan interior too soon.

     Stu