Re[2]: Almost a great car

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Subject: Re[2]: Almost a great car
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 97 13:54:15 PST

>  ......................................  2) nonfunctional vent
>      windows like an Alpine or Tiger. I guess Rootes wasn't the only
>      manufacturer that's too cheap to make working vent windows. ...
>
>      Jeff

Jeff,

I am surprised you do not recognize the advanced safety engineering to
come out of Rootes. Years before the modern car manufacturers did away
with vent windows entirely, Rootes knew that the atmosphere would be
hazardous to your health and took the first fledgling steps to prevent
toxic gases entering your sanitary interior. Now if only the rest of the
potential air entry points would functionally seal, and air conditioning
were possible, you would see the wisdom of their advanced design.

Wow;

-I am so happy to know that when driving my TIGER with the top-down, no
pollutants are entering the car through the wing vent windows. Man, can I
sleep better at night, knowing this.

                                Phil