Generator Slime II

To: tiger newsgroup <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Generator Slime II
From: Bob Reynolds <info@standard-knapp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 06:22:54 -0400
Thank you for all the advice on the cause of my generator noise and the
waxy substance that the generator deposited on my engine compartment.  I
have since dimantled my generator and can find no mechanical or electrical
problems.  The bearings look good and all of the windings look good.  I
believe I have found the cause of the waxy deposits.  The cloth wrap on the
field coils (which are new) seems to be coated with the waxy material that
is deposited on my engine compartment.  My theory is that s this material
liquifies when the generator gets hot and the generator fan throws it
around the engine compartment.  I have since bought a rebuilt generator
(which I haven't installed yet).  The rebuilt generator does not have the
same type of coating on its field coils.

I still can't explain the noise.

Bob Reynolds
Connecticut

Tiger Ia